The Clean Energy International Incubation Centre (CEIIC), which is Social Alpha’s Energy Lab, is a joint initiative of Tata Trusts and the Government of India supported by Department of Biotechnology, BIRAC, Tata Power and Tata Power – Delhi Distribution Limited. CEIIC has been set up for promoting innovations in the energy space and has become the first International Incubator in India under Mission Innovation.
The Incubator is designed to offer complete “lab to market” incubation support to clean energy enterprises, both Indian and International, which can bring about deep and irreversible social and environmental impact. CEIIC supports the incubatees by providing last-mile connectivity and end-use deployment of successful research outputs.
ENERGY INNOVATION FOCUS
CEIIC focuses on three core areas for innovation – Energy Access, Energy Efficiency and Breakthrough Clean Technology. We believe that the convergence of these holds the potential to transform the way the world produces and consumes energy. We focus on proactive, curated and demand-driven tech scouting; to support incubation, investment decision-making and prioritize funding and resources where they are most needed and impactful.
We define “access to energy” as availability of clean (at the point of use), affordable and reliable energy (including both electricity and cooking energy) to underserved and unserved communities for used cases across sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure, household for meeting not just the basic energy needs, but also energy to power economic growth and development of infrastructural facilities in the communities.
Energy efficiency focuses on advancements in existing, mature & relatively proven technologies (e.g. combustion engines, appliances, panels, turbines etc.) in order to make them and the network / grid itself smarter, cleaner and more efficient. We have adopted a value chain approach to identify the most impactful intervention areas in the network / grid encompassing generation, transmission & distribution, storage and consumption. The impact of these technologies may be incremental or indirect in terms of livelihoods in the short run however smarter, efficient and cleaner energy networks will drive down energy costs over time and improve overall quality of life at a macro level.
Breakthrough Clean Technology
Our objective is to support and build next generation of clean and renewable technologies, glimpses of which may be seen today in research papers, universities, labs and garage start-ups. We aim to identify cutting edge innovation and science & technology developments at a more nascent stage but which hold promise and potential to leapfrog, become mainstream and catalyse the global shift to affordable, clean energy backed by R&D and relevant resources.
Complete lab-to-market support tailored to the needs of start-ups at the Clean Energy International Incubation Centre.
- World-class lab infrastructure and maker spaces
- Access to test beds for pilot and field testing
GTM Strategy Support
- Hands-on operational support for commercial grade product development
- Access to in-house experts in investment banking, marketing, HR, product development
- Access to development sector partner ecosystem
- Seed support to selected enterprises
- Opportunity to pitch for follow-on funding for scale up
- Support in market assessment and product commercialization
Design for Manufacturing
- Assistance with designing, rapid prototyping and design for manufacturing
- Mentorship by a curated and customized set of most qualified experts, specialists, and sector leaders
- Incubation support to innovations from other Mission Innovation countries
- Encourage and support Indian innovators to collaborate internationally
- Networking & partnership opporunities with wide range of stakeholds
Enterpreneur-in-Residence (EIR) Fellowship programme
- Especially designed fellowship programme for enterprising individuals
- Programme designed to provide pre-incubation support to early-stage enterprises before accessing incubation
ENERGY INNOVATION AREAS
CEIIC identifies disruptive, innovative and impactful technology solutions in sustainable energy and incubates them from their lab to market journey. We look for innovators and entrepreneurs that can bring about irreversible social, economic and environmental impact across the entire value chain from energy generation and distribution to storage and consumption with a strong focus on affordability, accessibility and user experience and around a range of sectors and use cases, such as household to industry.
MEET THE COMPANIES
- UrjaAugust 31, 2021
- Temperate TechnologiesAugust 31, 2021
- Tan90August 31, 2021
- TakacharAugust 31, 2021
- Sys3E TechnologiesAugust 31, 2021
- SwitchDinAugust 31, 2021
- SustLabsAugust 31, 2021
- SOLshareAugust 31, 2021
- Silov SolutionAugust 31, 2021
- Ohm Clean Tech Private LimitedAugust 31, 2021
- Offgrid Energy LabsAugust 31, 2021
- Meladath AutoAugust 31, 2021
- Himalayan Rocket StoveAugust 31, 2021
- Gtarang Energy SolutionsAugust 31, 2021
- Grassroots EnergyAugust 31, 2021
- Feynman InnovationsAugust 31, 2021
- Energy VillageAugust 31, 2021
- Elicius EnergyAugust 31, 2021
- Doorastha AnalyticsAugust 31, 2021
- Delectrik SystemsAugust 31, 2021
- BluPower TechAugust 31, 2021
- Battery PoolAugust 31, 2021
- Alto PrecisionAugust 31, 2021
A Joint Initiative of
Awards Won by Portfolio Companies